This little dish I call
NOTcho Black Bean and Rice
it is a very simple and flavorful way to snack it up or call it dinner!
(Kitchen Creations from the mind of Cee)
Green Valley Organic Black Beans in Pouch
Seeds Of Change Organic Quinoa, Brown and Red Rice With Flaxseed
Beanfields Sea Salt Bean and Rice Chips
- Pour olive oil in a skillet to cover bottom then add chopped onions and garlic.
- Lightly saute’ mixture for about 3 minutes.
- Pour beans from pouch into strainer and rinse well with cold water.
- Place beans in a bowl and pour olive oil over them until well coated
- Sprinkle mixture with BHW Spice blend 21
- Pour beans into skillet and stir until the onions and garlic are mixed well
- Let this mixture simmer. Tear a small slit in top of Rice Pouch and microwave for 90 seconds
- Now, mix the rice into the bean, garlic and red onion in the skillet
- Stir and toss until very well mixed together
- Serve in a bowl with bean chips on the side or top each chip with the bean and rice mixture
Enjoy! I even add a mashed avocado on top when my tastes buds get creative 🙂 and I love my room temperature bottle of water as my drink of choice.
This delish is Healthy and Organic!
Now Snack time
Pop it up with our Multicolored Organic Popcorn.
Note: our multicolored popcorn does not pop colored,
Pops up white!
Our Premium Popcorn
This multi-colored popcorn isn’t just pretty… it contains special antioxidants called “anthocyanins”. It actually has 2.5 times the anthocyanin content of yellow corn.
- Non- GMO
Happy and Healthy Snacking
organic red popcorn, organic shaman blue popcorn, organic robust white popcorn, organic yellow popcorn.
I pop it in my electric Cuisinart Popcorn popper. I first cover the kernels with BHW EVOO 1 our favorite extra virgin olive oil. Yummilicious!
Can also be popped on the stove in a pot the old fashioned way
Popcorn is a great snack! You may not believe this, but popcorn actually has major health benefits! Not only is it a whole grain, but it has more protein and phosphorus than even eggs or spinach (plus you get to eat a lot of it). This sounds like crazy talk, but it’s actually very true. Phosphorus is a key component of boosting your metabolism, something we could all benefit from when losing weight! The best part is..popcorn is a snack you can enjoy right before you hit the sack. Just remember, to eat it without all the unhealthy additives like butter and too much salt. I eat mine with our BHW Spice Blend 21. All Organic and in the right color and combination.
(Source: Forkly – (Health information)
Lemon Rosemary Salmon
|1 lemon, thinly sliced||4 sprigs of fresh rosemary||2 salmon filets, bones and skin removed|
|BHW Spice Blend 21||1 tablespoon Extra Virgin olive oil, or as needed|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange half the lemon slices in a single layer in a baking dish. Layer with 2 rosemary sprigs, and top with salmon fillets.
- Sprinkle salmon with BHW Spice Blend 21…layer with remaining rosemary sprigs, and top with remaining lemon slices. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven, or until fish is easily flaked with a fork.